Register your child for school here!
Available school districts:
New Castle County:
- Appoquinimink School District (Middletown, DE)
- Brandywine School District (Wilmington, DE)
- Christina School District (Newark/Wilmington, DE)
- Colonial School District (New Castle, DE)
- Red Clay Consolidated School District (Wilmington, DE)
- Caesar Rodney School District (Wyoming, DE)
- Capital School District (Dover, DE)
- Milford School District (Milford, DE - Kent & Sussex County)
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I go to get information about the forms and process for registering my child?
Before getting started, please review the District Registration website for details as to the forms and process for registering your child. You can find your district's registration website in these links:
- Appoquinimink School District
- Brandywine School District
- Caesar Rodney School District
- Capital School District
- Christina School District
- Colonial School District
- Milford School District
- Red Clay Consolidated School District
Do I need to submit a registration if my child is already enrolled?
- If you moved to a new address that is in a different Attendance Zone within the District or moved to a new District all together, then you will need to submit a new registration.
- If your child is attending the same school this year as last year, and you have not moved to a new address, then you don't need to submit a new registration.
- If your child attended a school in the district, and is attending the next assigned school based on the students grade level, and you have not moved to a new address, then you don't need to submit a new registration.
- If you accepted a School Choice invitation, you may need to register. Please check the Choice Invitation for instructions or contact the school.
How do I know which school to register my child?
Students in Delaware are assigned an Attendance Zone corresponding to their home address.
Click here to find the Attendance Zone school for your address
Do I need an Email Address?
Yes, in order to submit a registration, you must first setup an account which requires a valid email address. Once you setup the account, you will receive a validation email to confirm the email.
- The primary means of communicating the status of your requests is via email. Be sure to edit your profile if your email address changes.
- System emails will be sent via email@example.com. If you do not receive confirmation emails, check your spam/junk folder
Do I need any documents before I start the registration?
Yes, the following documents will be needed as digital files to be uploaded with your registration.
Acceptable file formats include: .doc, .docx, .pdf, .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .bmp
Check your school district's registration policy for specific details. Most districts require these types of documents:
- Proof of Address Residency (Ex: Utility Bill)
- Parent/Guardian Photo ID (Ex: Driver’s License, Passport, State Issued Picture ID)
Official Birth Certificate
- If your child was born in Delaware and you need to order a copy, visit DHSS Vital Statistics
- Delaware Student Health Form or Physical Form from your child's doctor
- Delaware Student Health History Update and Delaware Emergency/Nursing Treatment Card
- Most recent Report Card or High School Transcript
Any additional documents required by the district/school, such as
- IEP (Individualized Education Program)
- 504 Plan
- Custody Documents
What if I don't have all of the documents but want to start the registration process?
You can start the registration forms and save them as a draft until you have all of the documents.
- If the registration is submitted without required documents, it will be considered incomplete and the school will prompt you for the documents.
- Please be aware that your registration will not be considered complete unless all required forms and documents have been submitted.
Do I need to complete a registration form for all of my children?
Yes, each child will need a separate registration form completed and documents uploaded.
- If your children are attending the same district, you can use the registration copy tool which will help reduce the amount of time needed to complete the form. Please note, documents will not copy from one child to another.
What if I accepted a School Choice or Good Cause invitation to a school that is not my Attendance Zone school?
You will be able to select the School Choice or Good Cause school. The school will be notified that the student is registered "outside" of their Attendance Zone and may ask for additional information.
Can I register my child for preschool?
Each district has specific requirements for who can register for preschool, and commonly have a lottery process because of limited seats available. Check your district's website first to see if preschool is available and to review the requirements before registering.
How long will this take?
If you have the documents in a digital format, it should take about 15 minutes to complete the registration packet.
- The school will contact you for confirmation usually within 2-3 business days
What browser can I use to complete the registration?
Any modern browser will work including Chrome (recommended), Microsoft Edge, Safari, and Firefox.
Internet Explorer is not recommended.